WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
This web site is intended to present the activities carried out within the framework of the NISDUC project, to disseminate the results produced, and more generally to communicate around the themes related to the project. The objective is to give information up-to-date and as accurate as possible.
An overview of data protection
We are committed to ensure the highest standards of data protection in compliance with the applicable legislation, notably with reference to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (the “GDPR”).
In this document we detail the personal data we collect about You when You use our web site, the reason why we use your data, share your data and for how long we will keep it. Additionally, the notice also provides You with information regarding your rights, how to exercise them and whom You can contact in case of any query.
Scope of the notice
The present notice is directed to users or visitors of this website, that is, You.
Identity of the data controller
The data controller, that is, the entity responsible for collecting and processing your personal data, is the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST):
5, avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux
Categories of personal data we collect
a) Contact form
You may voluntary enter in contact with us by using the contact form available in the website. We collect your name and email, as well as your company name. We need this information with the purpose of contacting you back and answer your requests. We will keep this data for the duration of the project and a further ten years of retention in accordance with LIST retention schedule.
b) Session Cookies
Cookies are small text files that are sent and stored to your personal computer or device when you visit a website. The information stored may be returned to the website’s servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during a subsequent visit.
This website uses session cookies. These cookies are used to enable you to visit the website and its features and they are automatically deleted once the navigation browser is closed. Users’ consent is not required for session cookies.
c) Google Analytics
You can learn more about Google Analytics at the following links: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
You can opt-out from Google Analytics cookies at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Consent as legal basis for processing
To learn more about how you can manage your cookies settings, please consult the following websites: www.allaboutcookies.org
How to manage cookies in Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
How to manage cookies in Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explore
How to manage cookies in Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
How to manage cookies in Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Share of your personal data with third parties
Your data may be shared among project partners for the duration of the project. You can see the details of the partners in the following link: https://www.nisduc.eu/partnership
Ensuring personal data security and integrity
In compliance with the applicable data protection legislation, LIST has put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to prevent or act upon any unauthorised and unlawful processing or disclosure, accidental loss, modification or destruction of personal data. These measures are implemented based on the current state of art, an evaluation of the risks derived by the processing activity and the need to protect personal data. Such technical and organisation measures are regularly updated and/or adjusted to new technical developments or any organisational change that may affect LIST.
Your rights and how to exercise them
With regards to your personal data collected and processed by LIST, You may exercise at any time the following rights:
- Right to access: You have the right to receive confirmation about whether or not your personal data is being processed by LIST. If that is the case, you have the right to know what data is being collected and processed and to obtain of copy of it;
- Right to rectification: If the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, You have the right to request to have it rectified;
- Right to erasure: Subject to certain conditions specified in art. 17 of the GDPR, You have the right to have your personal data deleted by LIST;
- Right to restriction of processing: Subject to certain conditions specified in art. 18 of the GDPR, You have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data performed by LIST;
- Right to data portability: Subject to certain conditions specified in art. 20 of the GDPR, You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data You provided to LIST in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transfer of these data to another data controller;
- Right to object: You have the right to object the processing of your personal data when the conditions set out in art. 21 of the GDPR apply;
- Right to withdraw consent: If LIST is processing your personal data based on your consent, You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. The withdrawal of such consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données (CNPD). More information on how to lodge a complaint are available on CNPD’s website: https://cnpd.public.lu.
You may exercise any of these rights by contacting our Data Protection Officer (DPO):
- by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com,
- or by post at:
Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology
Attn. Data Protection Officer
5, Avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux
L-4362 Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg.
Please kindly note that your rights are not absolute and they may be withheld in accordance with applicable data protection laws. In such event, LIST will provide you with the reasons for not complying with your request. In such case, You may lodge a complaint with the CNPD and seek a judicial remedy against such decision.
Link to other websites
Please be aware that this website may contain links to other website that are not governed by this privacy notice. We encourage You to review the privacy notice of each website before disclosing any personal data.
Changes to this notice
LIST may make changes to this privacy notice from time to time, to reflect our current privacy practices or to comply with changes in the applicable data protection legislation. LIST encourages You to regularly visit this page in order to remain informed on how we collect and process personal data.